Sunday, June 17, 2007

The Long-Awaited Photograph

geez! a lot of promising Indonesian films to be released soon. after missing the screening of 3 Hari Untuk Selamanya, I'm not gonna skip this one and Quickie Express as well. but sadly, looks like that my days in Indonesia are gonna be filled with some Indonesian craps because usually a good Indonesian film need quite a long time after the announcement to be released. even some of them are brought into some international film festivals first before being screened in our dearest motherland.

according to its official website, The Photograph is about the relationship between a former prostitute called Sita (Shanty) with a traveling photographer called Johan (Lim Kay Tong). their whole story is developed through certain photographs taken by Johan. for more details about the synopsis, just click on the website.

the reasons I'm interested in this film are the concept of the story that I hope will focus more on the uniqueness of the main characters' relationships, and also the artistic elements. I have seen the still images of the various shots taken from this film and they are all good in terms of the composition and cinematic elements. the pictures in the website are displayed in flash format, so I can't save them and publish them here. once again, you can just click on the website for that, as in that website you can get the whole information about the film, including the trailer itself.

the people behind this film are quite engaging as well, looking at their names. Nan Achnas as the director is quite well-known by her award-winning films, such as Kuldesak and Pasir Berbisik. Shanty Harmayn as the producer, I know that name from our annual Jakarta International Film Festival. the rest of them, the casts, etc, are quite promising as well; we can see Shanty's marvellous acting in Berbagi Suami and Kala (and also her upcoming film 'Maaf Saya Menghamili Istri Anda') other than her devastating singing career, whereas Lukman Sardi and Indy Barends are just the catch. the only one that is a bit questionable is Lim Kay Tong, who plays Johan. I've never seen and heard of him before, and that makes me curious enough to see what he can do with his character.

I just hope that this film will be released just in time I get back to Jakarta, otherwise I'm gonna be so pissed off as I have to spend a month in Jakarta, watching the trailer of BBB The movie every time I turn on the TV, and also seeing the promotional posters on the billboards everywhere in the entire city.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

So what do you think?

Unknown said...

This blog is really amazing, I love all kind of photos, because I usually take photos everywhere where a go. Actually I saw beautiful houses in costa rica homes for sale, this house are stunning and wonderful.